On Friday, February 5, CMU’s Mount Pleasant campus issued its first delayed opening due to weather since 2019. During an ordinary winter, Park Library’s 1 North study room would continue to be open 24 hours a day. The remainder of the Park Library would not open until campus reopened.
However, winter 2021 is not an ordinary winter. CMU’s pandemic policies require folks on campus to be at least 6-feet apart from others. To enforce this physical distancing policy, we need to provide more study space than the 1 North study room.
What can you expect on weekdays during the pandemic when CMU delays the opening of campus or closes campus?
- 1 North will follow its normal schedule: open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The 1st floor Quiet Study Area will open at 8:00 a.m.
- Students may enter this study space through Java City. The door is located at the far end of Java City past the bathrooms and seating area. Your CMU ID card is required to open the door.
- This study area will remain open until the next morning.
- The remainder of the Park Library will open at 11:00 a.m. and close at 5:00 p.m.
These plans could change depending upon the circumstances of a specific day. Check CMU Libraries’ building calendars before visiting to see the hours for the Park Library, 1 North, and the 1st Floor Quiet Study area on a particular day. On days with delayed openings or closures, we will also post our schedule for that day on our Facebook and Twitter accounts.