[Updated April 6, 2020 4:00 p.m.]
Whether you are in Mount Pleasant, at home, or anywhere in the world, the library can support your learning needs. Many of our collections and services are available online anytime, anywhere.
Info for students
Services available VIRTUALLY:
- Ask-a-Librarian will answer library questions via email, chat, or Webex during regular hours:
- 1:00 – 6:00 p.m. Sundays
- 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. Mondays-Wednesdays
- 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Thursdays
- 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Fridays
- Documents on Demand will fill requests for articles and other digital formats.
- Library departments will be answering voice mail messages and emails.
- Please keep any books you have checked out until further notice. We have extended due dates and will not charge fines. Disregard any overdue notices you receive. We will not be checking in books returned for awhile and do not worry if items still appear on your account.
- During the “Stay Home, Stay Safe” closure, we will not fill hold requests, ship books, or scan portions of physical materials.
- Explore scholarly resources about COVID-19
- Writing Center consultations
- Presentation Skills Center consultations
- Math Assistance Center tutoring
- Statistical Consulting Center consultations
- Office of Information Techology Help Desk, 989-774-3662, firstname.lastname@example.org and through online chat.
- Student Disability Services:
Service areas OPEN:
- Students may use the after-hours 1 North Study Room. The maximum number of users is limited to one person per table and one person per every other carrel. The iMacs have webcams and the lock-down browser installed for online tests that require this set up. CMU’s cleaning staff will clean this room regularly. 1 North is open:
- 24 hours beginning 7:00 a.m. Mondays through 5:00 p.m. Fridays
- 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays
Service areas CLOSED:
Info for employees
- Faculty may access the Office of Curriculum and Instructional Support through Park Library’s loading dock door. Please contact the office at 989-774-3615 or email@example.com. CIS will open the loading dock door and escort faculty to and from the CIS office via the staff elevator.
- See list of virtual services above.
We hope to reschedule some of these events and will communicate new dates and times as available.
- March 17: Pop-up Book Exhibit Opening in the Clarke Historical Library and the presentation by Matthew Reinhart.
- March 25: Clarke Speaker Series presentation by Carl Doud.
- March 26: Human Library event.
- March 26: Jill Eggers artist talk.
- March 31: Book Recognition Event which honors CMU Faculty and Staff who published books in 2019.
- April 8: James Gillingham, history of CMU’s Beaver Island Research Station.
- May 20: John Swanstrom painting opening reception.
Please monitor CMU’s Coronavirus webpage for updates.