[Updated April 13, 2020 4:00 p.m.]
Whether you are in Mount Pleasant, at home, or anywhere in the world, the library can support your learning needs. Many of our collections and services are available online anytime, anywhere.
Per Executive Orders 2020-20, 2020-21, and 2020-42, Park Library is closed until further notice.
Info for students
Library Services available VIRTUALLY:
- Ask-a-Librarian will answer library questions via email, chat, or Webex during regular hours:
- 1:00 – 6:00 p.m. Sundays
- 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. Mondays-Wednesdays
- 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Thursdays
- 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Fridays
- Documents on Demand will fill requests for articles and other digital formats.
- During the “Stay Home, Stay Safe” closure, we will not fill hold requests, ship books, or scan portions of physical materials.
- Please keep any books you have checked out until further notice.
- We have extended due dates and will not charge fines.
- Disregard any overdue notices you receive.
- We will not be checking in books returned for awhile and do not worry if items still appear on your account.
- Library departments will be answering voice mail messages and emails.
- Explore scholarly resources about COVID-19
Academic Support Services available VIRTUALLY:
- Writing Center consultations
- Presentation Skills Center consultations
- Math Assistance Center tutoring
- Statistical Consulting Center consultations
- Office of Information Techology Help Desk, 989-774-3662, firstname.lastname@example.org and through online chat.
- Student Disability Services:
- Please contact SDS via email at SDS@cmich.edu for assistance and include your full name, campus ID number, and phone number with your message.
- For technical assistance (with Blackboard, reading technology concerns, etc.), please contact the Help Desk at 989-774-3662 or email email@example.com
Service areas OPEN:
- Students may use the after-hours 1 North Study Room. The maximum number of users is limited to one person per table and one person per every other carrel. The iMacs have webcams and the lock-down browser installed for online tests that require this set up. CMU’s cleaning staff will clean this room regularly. 1 North is open:
- 24 hours beginning 7:00 a.m. Mondays through 5:00 p.m. Fridays
- 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays
Service areas CLOSED:
The Certified Testing Center is closed. For questions related to testing, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Info for employees
- Faculty may access the Office of Curriculum and Instructional Support through Park Library’s loading dock door. Please contact the office at 989-774-3615 or email@example.com. CIS will open the loading dock door and escort faculty to and from the CIS office via the staff elevator.
- See list of virtual services above.
We hope to reschedule some of these events and will communicate new dates and times as available.
- March 17: Pop-up Book Exhibit Opening in the Clarke Historical Library and the presentation by Matthew Reinhart.
- March 25: Clarke Speaker Series presentation by Carl Doud.
- March 26: Human Library event.
- March 26: Jill Eggers artist talk.
- March 31: Book Recognition Event which honors CMU Faculty and Staff who published books in 2019.
- April 8: James Gillingham, history of CMU’s Beaver Island Research Station.
- May 20: John Swanstrom painting opening reception.
Please monitor CMU’s Coronavirus webpage for updates.
2 thoughts on “Library Support during C …”
I have dropped following book in book deposit box outside library on 04/03/2020.
Please confirm my library return .
Thanks for contacting us. Because the library building is closed and library employees are working remotely, we are not currently checking in books. Once the building re-opens, we will check in materials and will waive fines. Until then, do not be concerned about library notices or fines.